Meeting Place: Little Village CPL Branch
Host: Rainbow Books (Mickey Simmons)
- The meeting took place at Little Village Library Branch in a private room with over 50+ attendees.
- June Andalcio (our CTLA president) spoke about membership and the importance of inviting more people to join our organization.
- Mickey mentioned that they carry books in Arabic and Polish (there were some samples to look at)
- Tim talked about how it is important to know how to run a business. “People want to know how much you know and how much you care.” He continued by stating that it is their responsibility to understand what you need, and that the commonality that exists is “Children”.
- Rainbow Books can bring to librarians Common Core books.
- Tim and Mickey thanked the guests for their patronage over the years.
- Mickey introduced Natalie Ziarnik author of the book Camille Claudel, a historical fiction book
based on the life of the sculptor Camille Claudel. Ms. Ziarnik mentioned how she used primary
resources and a family situation to connect and write about the sculptor.
- Thanks to Lisa Perez from the Department of Libraries for being present and informing guests
about the ICE-CAP meeting on January 19th- on Google Applications. Department of Libraries is also hosting a
Book Club meeting on January 22nd. Best of the Best is coming! February 5th! Be on the lookout for more
- Thanks to all our attendees and especially to our sponsor Rainbow Books
- Next Meeting will be on January 19th 2013 at Dave and Buster’s Restaurant and will be hosted by
Children’s Plus. More information will be forthcoming.