Meeting Place: Dave & Buster's Restaurant, 1030 N. Clark St., Chicago
Host: Children's Plus (Kevin Walsh)
- The meeting took place in one of the private rooms of the restaurant.
- Thanks to Kevin Walsh and Tara at Children's Plus for making the arrangements of this meeting possible and for choosing such a great venue.
- There were approximately 80+ in attendance.
- Buffet style food was served. It included Salmon, Chicken, Vegetables, Rice and Potatoes. It was so beautifully arranged and the food was delicious.
- Thanks to Ruth, CTLA member, for helping at the door with checking in.
- Our guest author was Mr. John Madormo author of The Homemade Stuffing Caper:
Charlie Collier, Snoop for Hire. Thank you for sharing about your life, your career, and your writing. (When an old man dies a library burns to the ground.- Thanks for your quote Mr. Madormo.)
- Dorsey Chambers from the Department of Libraries was there. She updated the guests with information on the different events taking place. Thanks for Dorsey for always being such a great recruiter for CTLA.
- June Andalcio (CTLA President) thanked guest for their continued support and encouraged us to invite more people to our meetings.
- Our next meeting will take place at Nathaniel Greene Elementary School on February 9th 2013. Information about the time will be forthcoming. (Thanks Marie for hosting.)
- In our February meeting we will have the annual Lincoln Penny Auction. (Don’t forget to bring something to swap and share.)